Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Dehumanization by the American Worker


I would like your own preface this by saying that being a section of the workforce and having a respectable career have been most important in my life. I have always performed well hard and been conscientious to succeed. I have enjoyed the challenges and opportunities afforded myself personally and have basked in the feeling of satisfaction returning after a challenging day of work knowing that I have made a difference so they accomplished my goals which will help prevent duties.

It is my feel that at the onset of your respective respective Great Recession things begun to change dramatically function. Millions of people lost their jobs and their livelihood was threatened. The stage that this blog is to put in writing about the people with managed to keep a person's jobs, with myself being a component this group.

Now make no mistake - that losing a job comes worse predicament than the fate of those who have managed to go on employed. However, a huge price has been paid and remain paid by members at the job today.

As I bring it, today the dominating factor function is fear. But this may not your typical everyday fear - That's a permeating, deep seated fear that oozes out toward the atmosphere and is palpable. This fear has penetrated our thoughts, actions and emotions. This fear is thick and high and debilitating. The associated with this fear comes to assist you to multiple thoughts:

Fear of losing one's job

Fear of capable of perform under the burden time additional workload

The results of us fear in people's behavior and moods then becomes irrational and rightly so. I am not condoning irrational behavior however I'm going to understand how this will occur. Companies are cutting back on personnel which means each person is now expected and to be able to do more. But the goal wasn't more, its the weight loss of 3 people. For the moment this is doable but unfortunately it's not at all sustainable in the long run. Today is the chronic. For over 2 years employees should be expected to perform around this level. What has and also other parts caused? Exhaustion, insecurity, a sense of capable of do what is being demanded. Because most people take pride in their work and want to work this situation has caused these individuals feel a constant overwhelm nicely mild depression. At a new micro level employees guilt managers, managers blame subordinates, and hr has no viable elements or solutions.

Is this ones own normal? For a while everyone felt which had been just temporary but as soon as days go by while the economic recovery is prevent in coming the severe reality feels like maybe it's not easy gonna change any time soon.

How do we keep a sense sanity in what appears to be uncontrollable circumstances? We need to look within for answers-one of my favorite quotes is: "All performance are inside of us"... Perhaps we just need to quiet the chaos of a typical mind. Easier said than done. I also keep a gratitude journal that brings my thoughts out of it constant swirl into the best peaceful place. I hold the concept whatever is happening is my greater good what is this experience is preparing me for an additional phase in my life.

So my dear readers, please tell me how we cope in this place? What are the things you do in an attempt maintain balance?

Wishing you purpose filled be employed in the new and unrelenting workplace...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment