Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The world Owes Us Nothing - It has become Here First


One of my best quotes of all hours:

" Don't go around saying existence owes you a living. The world owes you don't have to nothing. It was on this site first" - Mark The.

Spoken with his old practicality and economy of words.

How do you feel when you read that statement? Whether you agree or disagree with what he said, it's accurate, in my opinion. The world does not owe me a thing. If anything, I owe the world. It's my moral responsibility to be a productive and creative member of humanity. It's not the world's responsibility to provide me a job. I always find a job, and if not, create one.

Think that it's tough today? Try living in the plains states in the midst of the Great Depression. That was tough enough. But to and also have the great dust storms roll on the plains and blow away your job and everything else which you owned and had repaired, that's a double whammy. Millions of acres a part of farmland became useless, and hundreds of thousands of people were important to leave their homes; many of these families traveled to California along with other states, where they found economy little better than those there are left. Owning no property, many traveled from barnyard to farm picking fruit and other crops at starvation income. Think you've got even so bad?

Those of us born after War II had it so good for so long we didn't fully comprehend good it was. With the exception of the early 80's, things were rolling along perfectly, thank you. We've do not had struggle and are affected like those generations before us. We had it very easy, too easy for way too long. Which is why tourists of my generation sometimes have a hard time with hard times. Guess what? That's life. When I used to be born, the doctor didn't slap me by the behind and then whisper in my ear that "life endures as fair. " He slapped professionally on my rear and then laid me down on the cold steel table and said, " You're on your own, boy ". I isn't happy. After all, I had been living in the best womb in a home for 9 months. Comfy, never hungry, always comfy.

My parents clearly remembered the fight and hard times of Conflict II. The blackouts, a particular rationing, etc. My grandparents were all too familiar with the desperation of that Great Depression. And my generations problems in handling and succeeding behind closed doors is a direct result of our parents and grandparents fascination with us to never have to struggle as they do not. Problem is, struggle is exactly what builds character and confidence. While it may constitute noble in concept, the coddling did just not adequately prepare us for times like we're living. But is can be their fault? No!

At some point in your life, you have to consider that life is not really fair. That the world doesn't revolve around you. I determined at a very early age, at 14 when I used to be not so politely encouraged to leave my place by way of residence. I might add that my parents were totally correct therefore. But that's another course.

When you see someone following a corner asking for business, what do you feel too? Do you feel empathy? Or do you think to yourself that this person is a lazy bum along with get a job? If you think the latter, I feel sorry for you. By the way in which, how is your blame search going? You mean along with your talent and education, you're not getting any offers? You see, we are all less than a bad break away from located on a corner ourselves. And if you truly don't they believe, you're probably are going to have to pay some dues somewhere in the future. It's called humility. We're seeing people in the street who never in their wildest nightmares thought it can happen to them. Be careful of judging others, lest all your family members be judged.

These behave as extraordinary times. And extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures. If your chosen field is not training you, it might be time to check out other options. I am extremely fortunate and blessed in that I have been in direct / consultant sales for 20+ years old. And the only times that I have ever been unemployed are the times that I chose to. For 15 years I lived in the Caribbean. And believe me I chose to be unemployed more often than I care to experience. I mean really, a career or beach? Easy made the decision, for me anyway. And my goal now is to for their Caribbean. And I substance, within 24 months. And the reason that I possibly could enjoy that type of lifestyle then, and will live again is a result of one day, many in years past, I made a opinion. A decision to get out of out of my more detail and try sales. Was it hard in the beginning? Yes. Was it frustrating at times? Without a doubt. Are we glad I didn't quit, that I stuck it out and determined? Absolutely!

So much of sales has to do with attitude. Unfortunately, the sales profession has gotten such a bad rap that lots of professionals have a preconceived perception of what a sales career is all about. The image of a trouble-free gold encrusted dude deteriorating enough cheap cologne that you can smell him a half a block away comes to mind to many. And it is a shame, because many professionals in other fields have already developed your skill sets that would allow them to be very successful at some point sales. And of course, many people think that to be successful at sales, one has to be pushy, high pressure and that he soulless. And that couldn't be farther from well-known.

The problem with traditional sales practices is it all parties to somebody are put on a perfect defensive, right from the get go. And this is why objections are meant. What if there was a sales process that eliminated any risk of strain, rejection and objections that arise in a traditional sales process? Would you consider a career in sales if that were the case? Well, there is such cash sales process. It's called natural selling and it's what we teach in most our associates. ( Did not invent it, I simply teach it. ) It has allowed many people, from many different backgrounds to experience great success in sales. It is a dialogue based selling and is also highly effective. It does have one caveat however. You need to understand to remove yourself from the consequence of the process ( being on a sale ) and first determine in case of a sale to be practiced. In other words, if you determine that what you're selling does not fill the best need for someone, you have permit you to say thank you, and walk away. Just the opposite of what definitely is taught in traditional discounts training. This is as with all things the short version.

Do yourself, and the economy a favor and give a career in sales a try. If you get to your right organization that trains you subsequently above techniques, and you realize them thoroughly, your life can change forever. And I'll see you in the Caribbean.

To your success.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment